Monday Session, 10:45 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
Moderators: Praveen Gajendrareddy and Hector F. Rios
Patricia Diaz – Therapeutic implications of emerging microbiological concepts in periodontal science
Zhao Lin – Extracellular vesicle in periodontal regeneration
Flavia Pirih – Identifying genetic mediators of
Periodontitis through genome-wide association studies The AAP Foundation is proud to showcase the talent that AAP Foundation award recipients bring to the specialty through Future Horizons in Periodontology. Three AAP Foundation award recipients will discuss their leading-edge research, demonstrating the effect your investment in them will have on how periodontology is practiced tomorrow.
• Discuss genetic factors associated with periodontal bone loss, which would help identify individuals prone to the disease.
• Explore potential diagnostic methodologies tailored to provide individualized treatment protocols based on genetic makeup and environmental factors.
• Review currently available techniques to measure global changes in microbiome communities.
• Discuss the effect of today’s periodontal therapy in the overall periodontal microbial communities.
• Review the advances in the application of extracellular vesicles in regenerative medicine.
• Explain the potential of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC)- derived extracellular vesicles in craniofacial and periodontal regeneration.